From Visit Madison: Madison’s a good eats kind of a city. A get on your feet kind of city. A city where history and future meet. We’ve got a small-town feel. And big-city amenities. Lake life, campus cool, and endless things to do.
Discover more of Madison! www.visitmadison.com
BY THE NUMBERS
• 568,593 people live in the greater Madison metropolis
• 45,317 students enrolled at UW-Madison
• 81st largest city in the U.S.
• 2nd largest city in Wisconsin
• 77 miles: between Madison and Milwaukee
• 122 miles: between Madison and Chicago
• 5: lakes: Mendota, Monona, Wingra, Waubesa, Kegonsa
• 12: public beaches
• 15: off-leash dog parks in Greater Madison
• Under 20 minutes: the average commute time for Madisonians
• 14: communities that makeup Greater Madison – (Cottage Grove, Cross Plains, DeForest, Fitchburg, Maple Bluff, McFarland, Middleton, Monona, Oregon, Shorewood Hills, Stoughton, Sun Prairie, Verona and Waunakee)
• Under 30: The age of more than half of Madison’s population